This is where we get to clear up a few misconceptions and myths.
Network Marketing is such a simple business model. You find something you love (that’s essential – it just can’t work unless you are passionately in love with the products or service!). You tell and show others. If and when they decide to buy it, the company sends you a commission payment.
Here is my 30 second explanation. There’s a more detailed two minute version further down.
Network Marketing, or Social Marketing as it often called, is something we all do. You see a movie, have a fabulous meal a a restaurant, stay at an amazing resort. What’s the first thing you do?
If you’re a social media bunny, you’ll be snapping and sharing all over the internet, gushing about how marvellous it was and why everyone should try it. Or you’ll be on the phone next day doing the same. We love to share our experiences. Good or bad.
That’s social marketing.
Wouldn’t it be nice if the restaurant called you up to say thank you. Better still sent you a cheque with commission for all the people you sent their way. Good luck with that! When was the last time a big business sent you a nice little thank you?
But that’s exactly how network marketing works as a business. I really do send thank you notes to my customers.
Of course, those people will then tell all their friends.
And, as their friend, tell their friends, who tell their friends, you have a network of people who are all using and recommending the products. And you all get rewarded. (See my video on compensation to understand how the payments work and how much you can expect to earn.)
It really is that straighforward.
Let’s just think about what this means.
- The products / services have to be very good. Unless you can be honestly enthusiastic, nobody will follow your recommendation. You want people talking about them so they have to be much better than anything you can buy on the high street.
- There is no advertising. No celebrity endorsements. No shops. No staff. Which means much better value for you. The products I offer would cost around four times more if they were sold in a traditional retail store.
- Your consultant is a real person who wants you as a customer. You know who they are, where they live, the type of person they are. They want you to be a happy customer and tell all your friends. So they go all out to give you the best service.
- You can try out all the products before you buy them. In fact not only do I offer free home-trials, I also give you a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Instead of putting yet more £££ into the pockets of fat-cat shareholders, you are supporting an individual who is working a home business to earn income for their family.
I truly believe Networking Marketing is one of the most honest ways to trade. Of course, there are always charlatans and people lacking in integrity but, unfortunately, no industry is immune to that. Always look for companies that are members of the DSA and consider these things when evaluating a network marketing company:
- How long has it been around? Most come and go within a few years. My company has been around for nearly 40 years.
- The compensation scheme. I would avoid any company that pays to recruit new members.
- It’s reputation. If you are considering joining the business make sure you talk to people who are already involved. Ask to speak to someone who has been with the company for a few years. If there isn’t anyone, there’s probably a good reason!
I hope that’s helped you get a better idea of what Network Marketing is and how it works. It’s a business which anyone can join. If it’s piqued your interest, please give me a call or drop me an email. I’d love to talk to you.